As you know, on Race Across events you have to bring a compulsory set of equipment to the start.
Why is this mandatory list? The first and main reason is your safety.
Here is the list of mandatory equipment common to all distances.
– Approved helmet (CE STANDARDS)
– Front bike light *
– Helmet light (headlamp)
– Rear bike light x2 *
– High visibility waistcoat or visibility harness
– Gps meter with downloaded route in one or more segments
– Repair kits **
– Reflective strips ***
– Mobile phone with the number of the security headquarters ****
– 2 survival blankets (1.40m x 2m)
– Water reserve minimum 1 litre
– Food reserve (Recommendation: 400kcal)
*With batteries or spare battery for each lamp
**Multi tools / 2 chambers / 3 tyre changers / Pump / Patches and glue)
*** Rear shroud / front fork – Provided by our partner The Beam
***** Keep your phone on, do not hide your number and do not forget to leave with a charged battery
In addition to the mandatory equipment mentioned above, we recommend that participants in the 1000 KM have the following items:
- Weatherproof jacket (Gore-Tex)